Travel destinations

Friday 30 December 2016

A hen do in London


Read ahead to hear about my friend's hen do weekend in London...



This year I had the mega job of organising a hen weekend for my best friend. It was no easy feat considering the guest list was going to be...3 people. She was having her main hen do abroad but my friend Stacey and I couldn't go so I was tasked with finding something alternative. 





Our first stop of the weekend was Drink, Shop, Do. I love this place! They offer food, cocktails and crafting, amazing right?! I've been here a couple of times for their walk in crafting session (just check their website for their events calendar) but this time I prebooked a champagne afternoon tea and some little boxes full of crafty bits to make handbags and bunting. It was very fun, even if we didn't get to actually finish our bits due to time restraints!




We then went onto Shoreditch, Dinerama, where we sipped cocktails on the rooftop bar. The sun was shining, the rum was flowing, it was such a lovely afternoon activity. Although we were still full from afternoon tea there were lots of amazing looking food options at Dinerama!



Our evening entertainment was a rooftop cinema experience, hosted by the Rooftop Cinema Club. They take over the roofs of a number of buildings and I had chosen the Tobacco Docks for us. It was such an amazing experience, we watched the Goonies (I'd never seen it!), under blankets and with headphones on. It also gave us amazing views over London as the sun set.




The next morning (after a lovely early morning stroll around Greenwich) we set off to the Bourne & Hollingsworth buildings for a boozy brunch. I loved the interior of the place, it reminded me of 'Death on the Nile' by Agatha Christie. There is the option to add bottomless belinis to your meal for £18, which we took up! I had to be a bit careful though, a bottomless brunch once cost me a whole day in New York!



Anyway feeling full and quite tipsy we went and watched the show, Thriller, at  the Lyric Theatre. It was so fun, the performers were absolutely amazing and everyone enjoyed it.



We abandoned our original dinner plans after feeling too full from chocolates consumed during the show and ended up getting dinner later on at Biano43, a pizzeria in Greenwich. I actually still wasn't hungry and I went in with the mindset that I would order a pizza, eat a slice or two, then have the rest to take away. However the pizza was so damn delicious I ate the whole thing!



For our final morning in London we visited 'The Diner' in Camden for some amazing breakfast- USA stylee. I had sweet potato pancakes with cherry soda and the whole thing was really yummy. Their menu is quite extensive and it's certainly hard to make a choice.




We ended our amazing trip at one of our favourite places, Chin Chin labs in Camden. They are a nitrogen ice cream place and I've been coming here since it's opened and I've never been disappointed. The creamiest ice cream you'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment